1776 Travel Team 2019-20 Tryout Schedule & Information
1776 United FC is holding travel team tryouts for the 2019/2020 seasonal year (August 1, 2019 to June 1, 2020). All players interested in participating in our travel program are required to register online here and attend the dates indicated below. The schedule is subject to change with any updates being made in a timely manner. Updates to the tryout schedule will be noted in bold purple.
1776 United FC is designed to allow the older scholastic athletes to develop, train and compete at a variety of levels from local to national leagues and tournaments. If continuing to play as your player nears and enters high school, then become part of the Delaware County's top performing club.
Teams will train 2-3 times per week and play approximately 25 games a year at regional turf and premier grass level fields, competing in US Youth Soccer's top regional leagues including:
- National League and EDP's Regional League
- Top level state cups such as the National Championship Series and President's Cup.
This allows focus on developing and exposing the scholastic athlete to a higher level of play and in forums where college coaches (at the high school level) are in attendance.
- All try-out participants must register online 48 hours prior to their first scheduled age group tryout date. Registration is located here
- There will be a $10.00 tryout registration fee that will be collected online via credit card at the end of the online registration process. Players are only allowed to participate in the tryout if fee is paid. Check-in will start 15 minutes prior to each tryout at the tryout location.
- Players interested in the 1776 United FC Program for the upcoming Fall/Spring season must attend the try-out dates listed below in their birth year age group.
- Anyone looking to play "up" with an older team MUST attend their appropriate birth year and gain permission from a club director after attending their primary birthyear session.
- Only players registered for try-outs will receive further information regarding the tryout process via email including weather related schedule changes.
- Players should bring a soccer ball, shinguards, water and appropriate footwear/attire.
- They will all be provided a tryout jersey to be worn to all tryout sessions.
- All tryouts are open -- a player does not have to reside in Wallingford to be part of our program.
- Tryouts are run by nationally accredited, independent, professional youth soccer coaches, the 1776 Director of Coaching and the Technical Committee.
- Players will be evaluated in a game environment including small sided games.
*Shipley Main Campus Field address is: 838 Montgomery Ave Bryn Mawr, PA19010
A Club Fee is due by each player to the club for the entire soccer year (Fall and Spring seasons) upon acceptance of an offer after tryouts. This fee is payable online once your player has accepted his/her position after tryout.
Team Fees vary and are set by each team depending on their competition and training program. Team fees are payable directly to each team and may range from $1000 - $2000 annually. These fees are due at various times throughout the year as set by the travel team staff.
AGE GROUP INFORMATION:
EPYSA Travel Age Group Listings for 2019–2020 Season
*per new USSF initiatives -- age groups may be combined with teams playing at the older age level
2007 (U13) Age Group: Players born in the 2007 calendar year
2006 (U14) Age Group: Players born in the 2006 calendar year
2005 (U15) Age Group: Players born in the 2005 calendar year
2004 (U16) Age Group: Players born in the 2004 calendar year
2003 (U17) Age Group: Players born in the 2003 calendar year
2002 (U18) Age Group: Players born in the 2002 calendar year
2001 (U19) Age Group: Players born in the 2001 calendar year
SCHEDULES AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
|AGE GROUP||Birth Year||Format||Tryout #1||Tryout #2||Time||Location||Coaching Staff|
|U13 1776 Centurions BOYS||2007||11v11||TBD||Scott Spangler|
|U13 1776 EDP BOYS||2007||11v11||Tues April 23||Thurs Aprl 25||6:15 - 7:45p||Chester Park||King Saah|
|U13 1776 EDP GIRLS||2007||11V11||Tues April 23||Thurs April 25||6:15-7:45p||Chester Park||Sam Griggs|
|U-14 1776 EDP BOYS||2006||11v11||Tues April 23||Thurs April 25||6:15 - 7:45p||Chester Park||Karl Reddick|
|U-14 1776 EDP GIRLS||2006||11v11||Tues April 23||Thurs April 25||6:15 - 7:45p||Chester Park||Sam Griggs|
|U-15 1776 EDP BOYS||2005||11v11||Mon April 29||Wed May 1||6:30-8PM||Chester Park||John Waraksa, Wayne McKinney|
|U-15 1776 PAGS GIRLS||2005||11v11||Mon April 29||Wed May 1||6:30-8PM||Chester Park||Wayne McMckinney|
|U-16 1776 EDP BOYS||2004||11v11||Tues April 30||Thurs May 2||6:30-8PM||Chester Park||Brad Jule, Eddie Worley, John Lenart|
|U-16 1776 PAGS GIRLS||2004||11v11||Mon April 29||Wed May 1||6:30-8PM||Chester Park||Tim Young, Andrew Schapelle|
|U-17 1776 EDP BOYS||2003||11v11||Contact||Coach||Karl Reddick, Pete Meredith|
|U-17 1776 GIRLS||2003||11v11||Contact||Coachemail@example.com|
|U-18 1776 EDP BOYS||2002||11v11||Contact||Coach||Brendan Grady|
|U-18 1776 NAT"L LEAGUE GIRLS||2002||11v11||Contact||Coach||Sam Griggs|
|U-19 1776 EDP BOYS||2001||11v11||Contact||Coach||Brendan Grady|
|U19 1776 NATL LEAGUE GIRLS||2001||11v11||Contact||Coach||Sam Griggs|
Questions? Email us here